Saturday 10 March 2012

Narrow Gauge North 2012

What a pleasant day out this turned out to be, not just in terms of an excellent line-up of layouts and traders, but also to meet up with both familiar faces and to put faces to some familiar names from the NGRM Online forum.

O9 modeller Jordan Leeds had brought his Paul Windle-built 'River Mite' to show me, and by special arrangement via social networking, I had brought my Avalon Line R&ER coach to accompany it.  What then followed was an almost 'flash-mob' takeover of the MG Models demonstration layout (thanks Allen!):


Not to be content with just one Ratty loco, I then brought 'Cumbria' out of my bag to pose it alongside 'River Mite', truly 'minimum and miniature' (or vice-versa):


Allen Law had several interesting etched parts on show, including a model of the Dudley Zoo railway articulated stock complete with guards coupé, he has this on sale now having designed it within a week, following measuring up the prototype at Windmill Farm last weekend.  Tempting as it was, I opted to buy his etch for the Rhyl 'car de luxe' to add to my etched kit practice pile.  My purchases were complete with a few resin goodies from Steve Bennett at Black Dog Mining, more on which another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment