Monday 18 May 2015

Come in number Eight...

I'm pleased to report that the second A1 Models locomotive is now complete, seen here posed on 'The Headshunt' diorama....


As can be seen above, I've added the windscreen wipers and number plates, and I have subsequently applied some light weathering, in the form of washes on the underframe and buffer beams and dry brushing over the grilles, bolt heads, edges etc. 


Having a play about with photo angles on the recently completed diorama.  I hadn't expected this angle to work so well!


I couldn't resist the opportunity to compare the two versions of the kit before the bigger one departs to pastures new, the smaller one is definitely closer to how I imagined this kit would look when I first suggested it to John Flower.


"I'm an industrial locomotive, I look down on him.."
"I'm a pleasure railway locomotive, I look up to him..."

Colin



No comments:

Post a Comment