Saturday 27 June 2020

Salvation from Frustration

Not long after it was last seen here my O9 MG Models 'Classic' diesel vanished into the workshop, ostensibly for a few finishing touches like couplings, an air horn and a comfier seat for the driver. The works foreman declined to comment on suggestions it had been seen back in the paintshop, claiming he was using a corner of it as his "special projects workshop"... whatever that is...


Truth be told, there was a bit of a bodge in the original version of the coupler housings, adding them after painting was a daft idea, and the amount of handling the loco was getting resulted in a chip through to brass in the bonnet front paintwork. With the frustration of the bodged joint between bonnet and running plate fresh in my mind I opted to add new coupler housings before painting, which resulted in a rather drastic "touch-up" job...


One of my other frustration in recent weeks has been with what would have been rolling stock for the new O9 micro layout, specifically issues I was having re-gauging KB Scale skip frames to O9. With the project in limbo whilst I try and decide which direction to go, the worst victim of my experimentation (which had two melted axleboxes from a daft attempt at pushing the bearings in further), gained a couple of, ahem, modifications. A bit of mucky paint later and...


Colin

1 comment:

  1. I think the skip is a wonderful reminder that not everything goes to plan, but success can come from unlikely places. Good result. Not so keen on the diesel, but it’s probably too miniature railway for me, I prefer things a touch more industrial looking.

    ReplyDelete