Friday 29 September 2023

An Adventure in Space and Time

When Peco released their 7mm scale kit for a Police Box I resisted temptation for some time, after all the real thing would not fit into an of my planned layouts or dioramas. I finally gave in when I was asked what I wanted for my birthday this year, after all, 2023 is the 60th anniversary of a certain TV Sci-Fi series...

So a Doctor Who mini-diorama is on the cards, and the first thing to do is some research, on pondering where to start I was advised by one of my daughters to start with my mug...

So with a fresh cuppa to hand I descended into the rabbit hole of TARDIS designs over 60 years to discover which version would be feasible from the kit, finding plenty of information at https://thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/exterior/ to inform my choice. In true "wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey" fashion this project is being presented on the blog in a logical order rather than that in which it actually happened. I therefore actually pretty much knew which version I had to choose before I chose it! 

A few changes would be required, but that is to be as expected as Peco are very clear their kit is for Police Box rather than an alien vessel... In the next post I will explain the changes and enhancements that I chose to make and a customised build sequence to aid painting.

Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment