Since the last photographs you will notice that a lot more detail has been added. Some of this is from commercially available parts, suitably modified, others are scratchbuilt. Additions include the following:
- Cylinder covers using some Dapol railbus mouldings suitably modified.
- Bolt heads on headstocks and cylinders from Plastruct hex section.
- Coal rails from Peco N-gauge coke wagon rails.
- Dome from a modified Langley 'Lyn' casting, with new safety valves (Hornby spares) and whistle by Buzz models.
- Chimney from modified Gem base and cap with brass tube in between to extend the height.
- Tank fillers from Gem castings, with handrail knobs added as handles.
- Smokebox door handle from Hobby Holidays.
- Various pieces of plumbing from brass and phosphor bronze wire, split pins and fuse wire. This includes steam pipes and ejector pipework.
Now the weatherman promises a warm weekend, so the primer spraying forecast is good...