Saturday 4 May 2019

The Beck Bridge - Grass Growing Everywhere!

Having worked steadily on this over the week the diorama now has a full covering of basic grassland created using hanging basket liner material. In the process of doing so I have created a step-by-step guide to using the material - 15 Years of Hanging Basket Liner Grass.


There's plenty more to add, I'm planning bushes and fencing along the rear edge plus there will be some laser cut and MiniNature flowers added as on the smaller diorama completed last month. It is certainly coming together well and a far cry from the cat food box!


In several areas I have used hairspray sprayed through simple newspaper masks to add extra texture using fine scatter material/ground foam scattered though a sieve. I have been careful to choose colours that blend well with the tone of the grass material. What is interesting is that I'm finding as I go through my ground foams etc I find more and more in shades of green that I do wonder why I bought them in the first place, is it dodgy exhibition lighting, or a change in my taste maybe? 

Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment